SaltCritters.com

Hi! New to reefs and starting a pico!

FishProblem

Hi! I'm really excited to have joined the forum today! I've been really into freshwater aquariums for a while, including high tech planted tanks, and I'm finally about to take the plunge and set up a little 2.5 gallon rimless I have as a pico reef. This forum has already been so helpful as a resource, and I can't wait to learn more. I love nano tanks, and while I know that 2.5 gallons is a challenge, it's one I'm really excited about.

I'm planning on a Carribean shallows sort of biotope, with Ricordea, Zoas, and maybe an RFA or two. I have zero practical understanding of how corals fit in a tank this size, so I'll be going slow. If I can get some cool macroalgae in there as well, that would be awesome.

So, all in all, I'm a total saltwater noob and have been doing a TON of research but still have so much to go. I love the social element of doing this on forums, so I hope I can make a few new friends and get a lot of inspiration here! Nice to meet you all 😁

My current tanks are varied - all are freshwater, so I'm not sure if it even matters on here, but here they are (all are planted but for one):
30 gallon South American community
20 gallon Asian community

2.5 gallon shrimp nano tank

5 gallon Killifish tank
6 gallon high tech planted community (my baby)
11 gallon p. clarkii hardscape/leaf litter blackwater biotope

11 hours ago, FishProblem said:

Hi! I'm really excited to have joined the forum today! I've been really into freshwater aquariums for a while, including high tech planted tanks, and I'm finally about to take the plunge and set up a little 2.5 gallon rimless I have as a pico reef. This forum has already been so helpful as a resource, and I can't wait to learn more. I love nano tanks, and while I know that 2.5 gallons is a challenge, it's one I'm really excited about.

I'm planning on a Carribean shallows sort of biotope, with Ricordea, Zoas, and maybe an RFA or two. I have zero practical understanding of how corals fit in a tank this size, so I'll be going slow. If I can get some cool macroalgae in there as well, that would be awesome.

So, all in all, I'm a total saltwater noob and have been doing a TON of research but still have so much to go. I love the social element of doing this on forums, so I hope I can make a few new friends and get a lot of inspiration here! Nice to meet you all 😁

My current tanks are varied - all are freshwater, so I'm not sure if it even matters on here, but here they are (all are planted but for one):
30 gallon South American community
20 gallon Asian community

2.5 gallon shrimp nano tank

5 gallon Killifish tank
6 gallon high tech planted community (my baby)
11 gallon p. clarkii hardscape/leaf litter blackwater biotope

:welcome: