Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AutoAqua AWC

farkwar

I was going to point you to:

https://www.ultralifedirect.com/product-category/ultralife-products-float-switches/

...because they have similar products.   Or "had".   All that's left is sensor cables and mounts for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

I'd say give either one of them a call to find out.

You could always DIY something here:

https://aquahub.com/autotopoffcomp/

• Like 1

Thanks,

I have sort of made one with Quiet One 1200 pumps

It is definitely NOT automatic

It needs me to turn the out and in pumps off and on because the flow is mismatched.  Which may be one of the reasons that they have disappeared. That, or a rash of flood lawsuits, hardwood floors are expensive 

I originally set up the new water pump to such from a bucket. Fail.  Could never grab prime

Will probably just get a GHL Maxi Doser peristaltic pump for this.  That will solve the both the priming and the mismatch problems

I use a Geeni wifi strip, and just turn the pumps on and off for the water change

Screenshot_20201104-124102_geeni.jpg

3 hours ago, farkwar said:

I have sort of made one with Quiet One 1200 pumps

This is worth doing your research on....you aren't the first monkey that's tried to crack this nut.  💪

These guys have been doing it longer than anyone (AFAIK) if you want something you can buy that will work.

https://genesisreefsystems.com

Not cheap, but (as these things often go in reefing) probably worth it.  👍

(Curious that both Aquahub that I linked in a post earlier and Genesis are both out of Illinois.  Didn't know that!  👍🇺🇸)

• Like 1

They are using the Lifegard pumps

(Which Sicce is private labeling as their "Pro" series)

Mine cost $50 for the two pumps

$20 for the silicone tubing

$32 for the quick disconnects

And $24 for the wifi power strip that I already had

That really was just a test for when the GHL controller comes in. But unless I install 4 water level sensors or float switches, it's not going to work with the magnetic pumps.  The mismatch, which that system you posted, is precisely designed to overcome, is not doable for me.

And the Maxi doser is like $350.  And even this solution is not going to be automatic for these nano tanks.  I just am not going to do the plumbing to make it work where they are located.  I still have to provide the 5 gallon jug of water and a 5 gallon jug for the dirty water.

The Elos, can be made full auto. It sits, going to sit, right up to a half bathroom.  That can be plumbed fully, but need to put a Norwesco tank in the bathroom for the clean saltwater(I could snake the line to the backwards outside too)

I watched one video on YouTube where a guy hooks up one of those Litermeter pumps, and runs the waste saltwater out to the driveway.  Bad idea dude. And the fresh saltwater line is installed from an outside cistern and out along the outside the owners house like a really bad Cable Guy install.

Found it(hilarious)