ReefCleaners.org

Royal Gramma going after new Yellow Clown Goby

Sector001

I thought Royal Gramma's were peaceful but I guess not. My Royal Gramma is going after newest addition ( Yellow Clown Goby) with his mouth open?

Anything I can o to get them to get along?

Had the same issue. My clown goby ended up dying of stress I think. Best thing you can do is to take the gramma out (if possible) and keep him in a quarantine until your goby has a chance to scope the place out and find some happy hideouts he can be safe in. Make sure he’s eating well, and isn’t being chased by any other fish before you  re introducing your royal gramma. 

what kind of goby do you have? I had a yellow clown goby. Pretty stinking cute.

Yellow clown gobies have a toxin covering their skin so they normally are nip proof. (Sadly not the case for my little guy 😕

it’s supper important that he is able to have a place he is safe that he can call home for a bit while he gets used to his environment, otherwise he will just die from constant harassment.

also side note. My royal gramma was supper aggressive when I got him (despite them being labeled peaceful) he attacked my clownfish all the time, but once he got used to them he practically sleep together. 

Thanks Hazy,

He's a Yellow Clown Goby and yes "super cute"! Unfortunately, I have no other tank to put the Gramma in. Maybe an intank breader?

There are plenty of hiding places in the rockwork, but right now he's sticking to the sandbed an a corner 😞

An In tank breeder would be perfect to! Less stress on the gramma as well. 
I would put a rock in it though just so he has a place to hide. 
is your clown goby eating ok? I had supper big issues getting mine to eat. 

Clown gobies naturally want to be out in the open. They like to perch in corals and on  glass. As long as he gets used to his area while he’s NOT being harassed it shouldn’t be a problem once you release the royal gramma back into the tank. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...