inTank Media Baskets

Wavemaker Flow

Andrew561

I have this 24g lifegard tank with a prime Hd Light. I had two basic Powerheads in the tank but I am going to take them out and put in a single Jebao swl 20. 

Where in my tank should I direct this and will it be enough?

I have hammer corals, Montis, Acans, and am about to put an Anemone in.

B78D0E55-D50F-4305-BBAA-131C6EA3FF18.jpeg

If you're dead set on the jaebo. Why not do two of the swl10 instead of one swl20? I think you can set them up on a set schedule and they will alternate and really churn up those dead spots in your tank. You could mount one on each side of the tank but opposite of each other. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Why replace the regular  powerheads? 

A wavemaker isn't necessarily better.  If you are looking for swaying action, you won't  get it from 1 wavemaker.

1 hour ago, ReefGoat said:

If you're dead set on the jaebo. Why not do two of the swl10 instead of one swl20? I think you can set them up on a set schedule and they will alternate and really churn up those dead spots in your tank. You could mount one on each side of the tank but opposite of each other. 

The fruval powerheads are super weak. I returned it.

Honestly, the jaebo swl20 is amazing. I love the controller and the magnet instead of the suction cup. Getting two swl10’s would be better but it’s much more expensive. I might still do that. I could return this one.

There really aren’t any noticeable dead spots in my tank. The one swl20 moves the water all around my tank on the second or third lowest setting.

4 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

I apologize. This is my fault. I read but I didn't comprehend *facepalm*. I thought you were trying to decide. My apologies..

I thought the same thing. Lol.

• Like 1