Pod Your Reef

How to get fish to be braver

Leo_ian

So i have this beautiful male lubbocki but he has always been scared of anyone that walks past, he is comfortable with other fish, even chasing some around. i have had him for about a month, how do i get him to be more showy

20 hours ago, Leo_ian said:

So i have this beautiful male lubbocki but he has always been scared of anyone that walks past, he is comfortable with other fish, even chasing some around. i have had him for about a month, how do i get him to be more showy

How often do you spend >10 minutes in front of the tank uninterrupted?   IME, for most fish, it only takes familiarity with you to warm them up.

That said, these fish are known to be timid until acclimated to a new tank.   What else do you have living in the tank with him?   It could just be a matter of more time.  Patience.  😊

• Like 2

If it's any consolation.. My royal gramma was the opposite... he was all up in everyones face for the first two months, now he seems to hide under every rock going when someone other than me walks in the room... funny little fellers! 

• Like 1
On 10/26/2020 at 10:05 PM, seabass said:

Do you have other open swimmers?  Sometimes fish take cues from other fish that things are safe; open swimmers can put some fish more at ease.

I mostly have open water swimmers because of my implusive self when i was younger