Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My snail has bubbles on it's shell, should I be worried?

Jerad81

I noticed these bubbles on my snail yesterday. I haven't noticed them anywhere else in my tank though. Could these simply be air bubbles or something worse?

20201007_164540.jpg

20201007_171453.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jerad81 said:

I noticed these bubbles on my snail yesterday. I haven't noticed them anywhere else in my tank though. Could these simply be air bubbles or something worse?

20201007_164540.jpg

20201007_171453.jpg

looks like bubbles caught in the algae......just take him out and scrub with a toothbrush.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

looks like bubbles caught in the algae......just take him out and scrub with a toothbrush.

Oh nice, I never thought about using a toothbrush! I was tempted to use my hand but I like that idea better. I'll have to go buy him one now. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jerad81 said:

Oh nice, I never thought about using a toothbrush! I was tempted to use my hand but I like that idea better. I'll have to go buy him one now. Thanks for the advice!

You are welcome. I keep an extra one handy for just these type of situations. 😊

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 6:45 PM, WV Reefer said:

You are welcome. I keep an extra one handy for just these type of situations. 😊

You're toothbrush idea worked great! Although at one point the snail got a hold of my finger and surprised the hell out of me lol. I also used it to clean my hermit crab. He wouldn't let me take him out of the tank though. He grabbed a rock and refused to let go but he was content to sit still and let me scrub his shell. Now they're both clean and ready to start showing off again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1