Coral Vue Hydros

gluing frag

sadie

My finger coral (or whatever it is) fell the first night.  I think it will be a good spot, so I want to glue it there.  The only problem is I have 3 RFA on the rock.  If I take the whole rock out, will my RFA pop off?

DSC_0262.JPG

I thought both surfaces had to be "dryish".  I think I tried to do it that way once and it didn't work.  Maybe I will use a bit more glue.  I use the Gorilla super glue GEL.  I'll try it.

thanks clown

Make sure that's a cyanoacrylate glue without other ingredients. Gorilla glue usually has other ingredients. 

Use a lot of glue gel. It forms a skin when it touches the water, but if you push the glued plug firmly against a surface and hold it there for 30 seconds or so, it should take hold. The algae may interfere, though. Consider toothbrushing a spot on the rock clean before gluing.

That plug to the left looks like green star polyps. Pretty, but very invasive. Best not attached directly to your main rockwork- put it on its own little rock island in the sandbed.

• Like 2