SaltCritters.com

What are these critters??

Patroclus

They don't seem to be harmful. They are just taking over since my fish are QT for ich.

All the pictures are showing the front glass of the tank. But they are everywhere.

The red circles are very flat, brown, and definately stationary. I see no movement from them at all. Max size about 1/10".

The blue circles look like little flat bugs with about 8 legs per side. They are white and translucent. Max size about 1/16".

Like I said, they don't hurt anything. I'm just curious what they are.

Any help would be great!

Oh, and my fish are going to feast when they are back from QT :)

Thanks.

The first pic is of acoel flatworm, they can be pest if the population gets to big.

The second pic is of copepods, good sign the your tank is doing good (until the fish get back from QT :) )

if you plan on keeping corals or trading with other reefers, definately get rid of the flat worms. siphoning them out when you see them will keep the population down.

Thanks for the help!

From what I've read I need to get rid of these.

I guess it's time to go to war against the flatworms :)

I'll try the siphoning with the airline. I've also read a medication called flatworm exit is supposed to work too. Any other good methods? I'd rather not add another fish.

Thanks again for your help.

AReeferIsExpensive

g/l...

a fish store near me is completely taken over by those guys....they tried the nudibranch and it was unsuccessful b/c its not going to get EVERY single one. The rocks, corals, and walls are all completely red because its layers and layers of flatworms~ take action asap

flatworm exit is the best way and the longer you wait, the more dangerous it is to use it

• 2 weeks later...

I have also read where some 6-Line Wrasse and Red Scooter Blennies will eat them. Get rid of them now, before they become a major problem.

Here is a good article on them.

Flatworms

Bob

Archived