Pod Your Reef

How do I clean sump of nuvo fusion 10 gal

azi

I have a nuvo fusion 10 gallon and I put live rock in ny sump. I just realied that I had a pest. It looks like a very thin wite tube and is made from calcium.(Ive had them before and hate them. I want to get to get rid of them and clean my sump. But I can't get in to my sump help

RedTheReefer

Pictures of this pest?

It could either be feather dusters or Vermetid worms. Feather dusters are harmless but Vermetid worms are really hard to eradicate from a tank. Some completely start over to remove them.

If you want to clean the back compartments, I usually siphon water out and scrub away (I have the same tank) but its hard to get every surface since its pretty cramped with your hand back there.

3 hours ago, RedTheReefer said:

Pictures of this pest?

It could either be feather dusters or Vermetid worms. Feather dusters are harmless but Vermetid worms are really hard to eradicate from a tank. Some completely start over to remove them.

If you want to clean the back compartments, I usually siphon water out and scrub away (I have the same tank) but its hard to get every surface since its pretty cramped with your hand back there.

I have Vermetid worms. But it is in my sump and the tank only has one rock of gps that's very small and some snails.  Shoul i just drain my filter for a few days

Don't bother removing the ones in your sump. They'll just come back. Vermatids are only harmful if they're directly next to a coral and are irritating it with their slime net, so you should focus on removing any that happen to pop up in the display. The sump ones are actually useful- they eat detritus. If you really want them out, scrape them out with a long tool. Don't leave your filter drained, that might not kill them and would cause you some flow issues.

• Like 1