Innovative Marine Aquariums

My New 5g SPS Pico

My 16G Shallow Nano Reef

Cool start. You should really add somewhere for the damsel to hide, though. Damsels should have a cave that they can claim as their own, one that they can vanish into and feel safe in. I don't see anywhere like that in your tank currently. A conch shell or similar could be nice, they love to hide in that kind of thing. 

My 16G Shallow Nano Reef

System setup is

Tank - Cristal clear glass 4mm,

Size - 45cm x 26cm x 21 cm.

My old friend Red sea prizm proteine skimmer.

VorTech MP-10 , long pulse mode.

Diy led light 40w.

Tropic marine sea salt.

Daily change of 300ml fresh marine water.

Add 2 drops of zeovit Amino Acids

2 drops of zeobac, 1 drop of zeofood

2 drops of multivitamins.

I will say,bare bottom and all that good jazz sps are not going to be happy for awhile.

Was the rock live ? Also,how did you cycle the tank ? Only reason I ask is because what sps you do have look very upset thus far. 

• Like 1
My 16G Shallow Nano Reef

21 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I will say,bare bottom and all that good jazz sps are not going to be happy for awhile.

Was the rock live ? Also,how did you cycle the tank ? Only reason I ask is because what sps you do have look very upset thus far. 

If you see there is one live rock, and live rock pieces in protein skimmer.

I still suggest more hiding places for the damsel. Fish should have places they can feel safe. Any particular reason you went straight to SPS, instead of using something a bit more tolerant as a test? Tank doesn't look terribly mature, Usually you want to start seeing some coraline before adding SPS, as it's a good indicator of maturity.