Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fish introduction order: Adding semi-aggressive fish last

Muffin87

I've just ordered a Starki Damsel for my 50G.
It's a rare find over here, so I didn't really have any doubts about it.

I wanted to introduce the Starki last in the aquarium, but I'll certainly buy more fish after I introduce the Starki to the 50G.

My question is:

Is it possible to "re-introduce" the Starki damsel after buying new fish - by removing it from the 50G, putting it in a quarantine tank for a month, and then re-introducing it to the 50G?
Will this "reset" territories, and decrease aggression, the same way adding it last would have?

Thanks a lot!

Theoretically, it might help, but it's a lot of stress on the fish. I wouldn't actually bother, Starki damsels aren't terribly aggressive. Damsels in that genus pick a cave and defend it, and generally tolerate other fish in the immediate area outside the cave, as long as the cave itself is safe. 

• 1 month later...

IME anything that is a chrysiptera is the model citizen in a tank. I would consider all the fish in my tank to be peaceful to occasionally aggressive and they have no issues with the damsel and vice versa. My spriger's damsel is the fish i never see even during feeding, maybe i see her three times a week?