SaltCritters.com

My new 14Gallon tank

Dr. Saltwater

Dr. Saltwater

Hi all,

I'm starting a new 14 Gallon tank with a 2,5 Gallon sump behind my tank. These pictures show you my tank filled with Tap water and Iodine-Salt (Used for food ... ). I only do this to clean everything away for 2 days.

I'm trying to work away al my equipement:

1616.jpg

My equipement for now:

1515.jpg

Total shot:

1414.jpg

I'm placing more light in the future and a small HOB-filter. Hope you like the pictures for so far.

:happy:

Dr. Saltwater
Originally posted by BelowH2O

what type of tank is that? The rounded frame looks really cool! Keep us updated.

~BH20

It is a Bioplast-tank ... European I guess ...

Here another Shot:

1313.jpg

Dr. Saltwater
Originally posted by coral reef

interesting type of tank you have there where did ya get it or what i am trying to say is can i find it somewere on my computer

I can't find a site! I'm sorry. I'm from the Netherlands and I bought this tank in Germany in a LFS. It has a built-in filter also.

I'll keep you updated and ask around for the tank online!

• 3 weeks later...
Dr. Saltwater

Update:

Working on my background ... it isn't ready yet, but coming in nice and easy :P :

qw.jpg

qe.jpg

qr.jpg

* Don't watch my dirty front window please :P

Blind Tree Frog

I saw a premade reef like that at the fish store (only it was much smaller and to sit on the bottom... and black. Was an interesting idea.

that's got a lot of potential, i've been trying to figure out how i could adapt that to one of my tanks. where is your filtration going to come from?

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeah i noticed that too, but it's still od to see a peice of rock that big... and it has been cut out lik a block on the sides and back...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

You've still got to have something to introduce the coraline algeas and what not... garf grung from garf.org or just a few peices of live rock from a friend's established tank would do fine... i think it's a greak idea... i think it would be nicer if you could get the peice in there flush with the walls of the tank, so that it actually looks like you took a chunk off of a natural reef...

Looks Amazing as is though!!! maybe get some LR rubble as the substrate... that would seed the wall aswell and continue the "Reef-Chunk" look too...

Dr. Saltwater

Hi,

like I said ... I'm still working on it.

The reason why I use a pre-made background that is ceramic and not LiveRock is to give my bacteria/Micro-organisms a bigger surface to expand.

I will use LiveRock ... that's one thing my tank can't work without! The only thing I have to make sure of is that my bacteria/Micro-organisms grow fast enough to cover the background ... but that's just a matter of polluting the tank a little bit.

I don't use a filter, only filterwats whitch I only use one week and than stop one week. My main filter is my LiveRock in the future and ofcourse my skimmer (Berlin-Method).

I'll keep you updated! I'm far away from ready ;)

Thanks for the reply's and sorry for my bad English!

Hi Dr. Saltwater,

Im from antwerp in belgium. Your tank is looking real nice. Why don't you post your expieriences on www.zeewaterforum.org ? I'm sure you'll get some good feedback there also.

I've just started out a nano myself to. But I allready had a bigger tank. I havent posted my pics here yet (UhOooh:blush: ), but i have posted them on the zeewaterfrum.org. Take a look there, my thread is called Opstarten Nano-reef;) .

But for the rest of you guys who don't speak dutch, ill make a thread and post my pics so far.

GreetzZ From antwerp.;)

Dr. Saltwater

Hi MrStoffel/CrazyJoker,

thnx for the compliment to my tank!

I've got a hard head if it comes to feedback on my tank. On the forum you gave the link of are only people with experiance in bigger tanks and that's a world of difference with a nano-reef in my opinion. I know there are a few with Nano-reefs ... :)

I've seen your tank and it looks beautiful ... only the lightning is a problem in my opinion.

I hope we can trade out frags to each other in the future :)!!

I'll keep you updated here

Dr. Saltwater

Hello,

I'm still working on my background ... but I have a few plans for the future of my little tank but I don't know if it would work so I want to show you guys.

First of all I want to say that I'm going to keep the less dificult corals so I can see how everything grows in the tank. If I step into SPS corals and more difficult stuff I would like to do this (* forgive me for the Dutch words ... Hope you understand the picture *):

*EDIT by myself*

Do you think you may have a problem with the one pump in your refugium? I was going to set up a sump similar to that using a suck/blow method with two pumps, but later found out that no two pumps are exactly made identical, even a variance of .1gph between pumps would cause a problem.

I guess I would just make sure that the main pump sitting in the sump to be at a higher GPH/LPF than the pump that pushes water into the refuge and the pump that pushes out, so you dont overflow..

Archived