Coral Vue Hydros

Mikes 32 gallon AIO FIgi Cube

grinder143

I bought this several months ago with the intention of setting it up. I was called to work out of town and 5 months later I am back and ready to start getting things. This tank has the Sam dimensions as a lagoon 25 but a little taller. I bought an external fuge but not super sure on weather I will use it. Looking for a little advice on return pump. I am thinking I would like one pump to perhaps serve as return hut split off to feed other items such as the fuge. I also need advice on a skimmer . I would love to drill the AIO as I have sump, skimmer, reactors . But I guess that would defeat the AIO aspect 

936C3E5F-9C91-4A9B-A0A6-7F4C80BCD9AC.jpeg

• Like 1

Look into the Sicce 1.5 or the Innovatie Marine DC pumps. Skimz also has DC pumps at BRS but they are big. Hydor has new DC pumps that are pretty cheap,about $110 for a 500gph one which is the smallest. 

Thanks for the info. I will be asking for advice in the coming weeks. On many equipment options . I still need to order a skimmer, lighting as well as other equipment . I hav3 never owned a tank this small , for that matter none without a sump. I bought a HOB fudge and an intank caddy. Working on the stand now. 

Why do you need a skimmer ? If you feel compelled enough that you REALLY need a skimmer,FC sells one for $100.

As for lighting with the tank being 24" long,I would go T5. Its going to be the cheapest and most viable option. The ReefBrite Quad T5 is $280 [https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/supra-quad-t5-retrofit-fixture-reef-brite.html] plus another $100 for bulbs. You would need at least 2x AI Hydra 26's to get good coverage or 1 64 or 1 Radion G5. 

If you don't plan on having a full blown sps system,a ReefBrire Supra Duo [  https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/supra-dual-t5-retrofit-fixture-reef-brite.html ] and a led strip from ReefBreeders,SBReef or Orphek,maybe DIY would be plenty for a mixed reef with sps at the tops of the rocks. 

The HOB FC Fuge should be ample nutrient export with a decent fuge light and the right algae to not need a sump. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a couple more items this weekend. (2) Nero 3 and (2)AI primes overkill I am sure but leads to an upgrade path if needed. On a side note if you had all the items to drill this AIO would you do it . The material needed to do it will not go unused as I have a 90 reef ready at my other home

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Took some time to start dealing with lighting. I currently have  2 AI Prime HD. I built this do I have the option to mount some led strip lights. If I were to add them any suggestions to which  that can be easily controlled 0-10 . I think I will be adding a controller of some type. 

9EBD7870-C1EE-4FA1-802B-603DC667DABB.jpeg

Kind of a mock up. .I ordered some 80/20 that will offer to serve as post . The plan is the back of the light box will attach to the post, the piece of 1/2 wood that is hanging out , well I plan to cut it to size attach it where it is. I’ll paint it black and it will serve 2 purpose, first it will keep the skimmer and fuge from being seen from the front and it will also support the fixture . I wonder if I shoul did a way to put hung on the back so I can tilt it back and out of the way. Thinking out loud😀

8661AA90-7993-4B80-AA52-E7C29B8E14A4.jpeg

42D94E39-1484-403C-A21E-0BFF55316AB8.jpeg

well I guess its technically a hood to hold my lights. Because I do have a HOB refugium. There is really no place to mount the LEDs. This was really the issue I was considering drilling the tank and adding sump. 

5 minutes ago, grinder143 said:

well I guess its technically a hood to hold my lights. Because I do have a HOB refugium. There is really no place to mount the LEDs. This was really the issue I was considering drilling the tank and adding sump. 

cool.  I wondering about the HOB refugium in my earlier comment  I also like the hood build so far, looks nice and low profile.  

Thanks its really 2 fold I don't like to see all that stuff sticking out of the back  of the tank. I have at this point the cad light skimmer a figi cube HOB Fuge  I plan or I think I plan pretty much full control to do water changes and adjust dosing if needed. Yjhe tank will mostlikly only contain 25 is gallons of water and I am thinking 5 gallon water changes weekly over 5 days. Perhaps see if I can spread that over 24 hours, I don't know . Heck at the rate I'm moving it may never get water ion it. Kidding  of course , but all things aside I am trying to source equipment that will keep a pretty stable environment. Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it.

• Like 1