inTank Media Baskets

Hob filter for 5g

Clown79

The weight is primarily going down (horizontal) on the panel, which shouldn't a problem.  But I'd think that the vertical pressure on the panel might be a little more concerning; although I'd still guess it'll be alright.  If you still have concerns, the Tidal 35 is a little smaller, and might be more suitable for a thin walled 5.5 gallon tank.

However, actually, I would probably just go with another brand (smaller filter).

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, seabass said:

The weight is primarily going down (horizontal) on the panel, which shouldn't a problem.  But I'd think that the vertical pressure on the panel might be a little more concerning; although I'd still guess it'll be alright.  If you still have concerns, the Tidal 35 is a little smaller, and might be more suitable for a thin walled 5.5 gallon tank.

However, actually, I would probably just go with another brand (smaller filter).

I have the 55 sitting around, It was pretty expensive, trying to use it rather than spend money on another filter. But i may just have to.

i'm not really comfortable using it on such a small tank, honestly especially since the glass is so thin on the smaller ones

• Like 1