Innovative Marine Aquariums

7G BF... three fish?

greatreef16

no.

you might be able to have ocellaris clown and the greenbanded goby but two fish would be the absolute maximum. also dottybacks are almost as aggresive as damsels

I'd say the ocellaris should be the only fish you put in. You might be able to get away with a clown goby but you also have to keep in mind about your bioload.

7 gallons is small. i would say one fish only

that dottyback will probably bully the other two around as they all grow. i would take him another fish back

I have a small Occ. Clown and a Yellow Clown Goby in my MB7 and I haven't had a problem. I think it's becaus Clown Gobies secreate a mucus on their skin which other fish dislike the smell i guess. the Clown Fish Stays in the front of the tank swimming all day and night while the Clown Goby just sits back on the LR and chills ;)

HTH

Two max. I had paired percs in mine, but I also had a 5 gallon fuge and a skimmer. 3 is asking for trouble, esp. those three. I think you should listen to what the first two people responded.

i have 3. a pair of saddlebacks and a swalesi bass. Im going to get rid of the clowns and get a pair of gobies though. You're ok with 3 fishes if theyre small and or low matabolism fishes

uh just cause u f*ck up doesnt mean it cant be done. Ive been here since 2002 so I guess I have had to have some success keeping a reef. but what do I know, Im a noob. thanks for the insight mr. august 2004

just because he registered this year means nothing..... woopie

thats great for you that you have managed to keep 3 fish in there....but for me that doesnt work. 7g bows are tiny tanks.

Some say it can be done and some say it can't. Just a matter of how good your filtration and how much water changes your willing to do. For a noob I say stick with 2 fish and add one later if you think you can handle it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you'd be fine with 3 small fish in your tank. I had 3 in my 6 gallon for a while, a pair of false percs, and a yellow clown goby, and they did just great....well until my heater broke on the weekend, the water got too cold and they died. :(

Beyond the fact that 3 fish might be able to survive in a tank that small. Why would you want to cram that many into such a small space. Regardless if the fish live or die it seems kinda cruel to me.

Sorry, but I have to agree with the naysayers. 3 fish in a 7 is pushin' it and leaves very little room for mistakes. Especially if you're just starting out. Not too mention that it does seem cruel for most fish.

Archived