SaltCritters.com

Large Bubbles from limewood airstone in Reef Glass Nano Skimmer?

Sector001

Reef Glass Skimmer air stone is only pushing out large air bubbles from the bottom of the lime wood air stone and mot a fine mist of small air bubbles?

Just hooked up to Marina 200 air pump and it’s only pushing out large bubbles through to bottom of the lime wood air stone?

Here is the pump info: https://www.amazon.com/Marina-11116-200-Air-Pump/dp/B0048AOQK8

What does this mean, not a strong enough pump?
Pump to too strong?

I didn't realize when I ordered the pump that it had two air outlets so I only have one hooked up, should I purchase a T-adapter so I can hook up both air outlets to the skimmer air line? Will this help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John

You need to Soak the Limewood Stones first, I recommend RO/DI or Distilled Water. Overnight generally did the trick for me. I used Hydra Farm Airstones in my Old Skimmer. Produced fine bubbles, and could be cleaned. Don’t get the Smallest size, get the next size up. Be sure and check to make sure if the next size will fit in your skimmer, 

I’m going to put on the DIY Forum how to make your own Wood Air-stones, “Cheap.” I’ll have to rattle the grey matter, 

it’s been over twenty years since I made them. 

• 11 months later...