Cultivated Reef

Shy bubbletip

Jason68

I recently put a bubble tip in my tank, it is 125 gallon with great water, good movement and good LED lighting.  Since i put the bubble tip in the tank, which i acclimated using the 24 hour drip method, he has been hiding under the rocks.   He is fully extended but always under the rock and there is very little lighting or movement under there.  I flip the rock to put expose him again and i go back in a few hours he is back under the rock.....Is this normal, or am i missing something....I have drip dosing for all my essential elements and calcium...any help or input would be greatly appreciated....

Anemones do that in new tanks sometimes. Stop flipping the rock, you're just stressing it out. It'll come out when it wants to come out. 

What are your "great water" parameters? Corals and anemones need nitrates and phosphates above 0, or they'll eventually starve.

What on earth is the 24 hour drip method? Never heard of drip acclimation for longer than 4 hours, and that's only for ultra-sensitive stuff like starfish.