Pod Your Reef

Random tiny anemone

Kwhite11191988

Kwhite11191988

I think I might have a random anemone I only have starfish in my tank so I’m not sure how this happened does this happen and what do you guys think image.thumb.jpeg.a3e11f0ecc1beb4b4ade2740339bf5ac.jpeg

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Kwhite11191988 said:

I think I might have a random anemone I only have starfish in my tank so I’m not sure how this happened does this happen and what do you guys think image.thumb.jpeg.a3e11f0ecc1beb4b4ade2740339bf5ac.jpeg

Aiptasia...... Pest that should be removed. 

• Like 4

Aiptasia. Came in on a frag or on your rock, possibly on a snail shell. Will multiply very fast and irritate your corals, and is a pain to remove once you have a lot of them.

To remove it, either kill it with aiptasia-X, or remove the rock from the water (so the anemone retracts) and cover it in a couple drops of liquid superglue.

I've had the best personal luck removing the rock, dripping boiling vinergar, lemon, and water mixture onto them and then brushing them away with a toothbrush after they release the rock structure. Then rinsing with a bit of tank water and another scrub for good measure.