Cultivated Reef

Blenny gone back to natural habits?

Xj reefing

A couple of weeks ago my blenny had some white spots on him these were not ich. It was some sort of bacterial infection. They disappeared and he continued to eat the normal food. A couple days later he stopped coming out and eating I thought nothing of it. For the next few days he did not eat either. He has not eaten for 1-2 weeks now but still looks really fat and healthy. Yesterday I saw him on a rock then launch him self at the back wall and sort of chase/eat something I know it was probably a pod or some algae but has he gone back to his feeding methods in the wild?

All fish in your aquarium will eat their natural wild foods, if they see any. 

What have you been trying to feed him? Some fish go off prepared foods after stress. 

I would stop giving them garlic, unless you need it to entice a fish to eat. I'm not sure what the long-term effects of feeding garlic on a regular basis are, but I would be a little wary of it. 

If he's fat, he might just not be hungry. Or he might be picking at the food after it settles. As long as he's fat, he's fine, though your pod population might suffer a bit. 

What kind of blenny is it?