SaltCritters.com

Chalk Bass is now starting to be aquacultured

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

Oh, nice! I don't understand why you never see these guys in aquaria. I always figured there had to be a catch to them to have people not keeping them, but maybe they just aren't really sold. Hopefully ORA can change that!

DISQUALIFIED-QQ
36 minutes ago, Tired said:

Oh, nice! I don't understand why you never see these guys in aquaria. I always figured there had to be a catch to them to have people not keeping them, but maybe they just aren't really sold. Hopefully ORA can change that!

The latter is pretty much it. I've visited some of the local fish stores around the DC area and chalk basses aren't all that common. I'm not sure people know of them either!

I used to have a chalk bass. It was my wife's favorite. She named it spike. It was a jumper!

I rarely go to Petco but there is always at least one there when I go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 10:24 PM, Diamonds x Pearls said:

The latter is pretty much it. I've visited some of the local fish stores around the DC area and chalk basses aren't all that common. I'm not sure people know of them either!

You can't receive PM's.

Thats great news, i had a trio for a while, they picked off a few of my smaller sexy shrimp before a yellow tail damsel then killed them. Glad theyre being aquacultured now, it is a cool fish.20190321_122942.thumb.jpg.97f1eebcee88bc8723aa3930c6fbd761.jpg

• Like 3

The first Saltwater Fish I had, collected them in the late 60’s in Biscayne Bay. I used a Fish Trap, with a Fiberglass Screen Envelope with fish food in it. I understand it is illegal to collect there now. Lived in Dade County as a teenager with my parents. Second fish was a Squirrel Fish, got him with a Slurp Gun. How things have changed with the Aquarium Equipment. 

• Like 1