Pod Your Reef

Flow issues.

JP5785

I had a Nero 5 on my 25g nuvo lagoon but it was too much flow. I was thinking of a gyre but can’t find one low flow numbers. Please let me know what you guys are using for a tank this size. 

Go 1050. More flow if you want it. Can dial down to 0% in 10% incriments. Foam reduces flow too. Marginally bigger than 660. 660 may not be enough flow IMO, depending, especially if only running one.

This fusion 20 tank with two 1050s:

20200823_155939.jpg

3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I use 1 Aqamai KPS with 2 RFG nozzles on my returns and the mighty jet return pump

I was thinking about going the aqamai route i like the idea of twin power heads one on each side of the tank. For alternating flow. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JP5785 said:

If I run 2 660 will it be enough flow? Also I can alternate the flow. 

Maybe, but no real benefit other cost IMO. I have a 660 and its weak. I put it in a hangon, 3 gallon refugium on 100% and its not too string of flow...

34 minutes ago, JP5785 said:

I was thinking about going the aqamai route i like the idea of twin power heads one on each side of the tank. For alternating flow. 

The rfg's are for constant alternating flow.

36 minutes ago, Brewer said:

Maybe, but no real benefit other cost IMO. I have a 660 and its weak. I put it in a hangon, 3 gallon refugium on 100% and its not too string of flow...

Are the dry side magnets on the Eflux wave makers waterproof so I can submerge them on the filtration side?