Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Green/blue chromis vs yellowtail blue damselfish aggression

A.standeven

Hey

I was just curious which of these would be a better option in a 32 gallon tank with 2 clownfish, bicolour blenny, and a decorated firefish? Or any suggestion for a blue fish haha 

• Like 1

Blue green chromis are such beautiful fish, but as I was considering them for my Biocube 32, someone here pointed out there is a high possibility they can have uronema which is a serious disease that can also infect other types of fish and cannot be removed from the tank once it is introduced. 😞

Heres some info about it:

https://humble.fish/uronema/

I have an azure damsel, he’s a pretty fish and not overly aggressive.

0E38C3F8-7869-4F0E-9082-BFB65B4D205B.thumb.jpeg.f2f1d812e7acc76e1248227fc92af274.jpeg

Someone in the Facebook Biocube Group just told me her trio of Lemon Damsels are especially pretty in the stock lights, but I don’t know anything about those... may be worth researching, they were pretty in the pics she posted for me, under whites and beauty lights. 

Springeri damsels are also blue, and are said to be on the less aggressive side and excellent pest eaters. Just be sure that whatever you do you don’t accidentally get a blue devil instead... they look similar to me, but different temperament. 

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/2073/?pcatid=2073

https://aquariumstoredepot.com/blogs/news/116712964-is-there-a-sane-damselfish-yes-they-exist

I have a school of blue/green chromis and i started off with 12 and now I have 6.  They're aggressive towards each other and 3 of the remaining ones have 1 eye.  I can't prove they did it to themselves but I'm pretty sure they did.

I have Four Blue/Green Chromis, they do have a pecking order, but are generally peaceful to each other. The Clown Fish does keep them inline, LOL. I like them, because they draw the other fish out into the open. They need to be feed many times during the day. I have an automatic feeder for that. This may be cutting down on the aggression. BTW the feeder, is very quiet, I can’t hear it rotating above sounds of the water moving, but they can certainly hear, or feel a slight vibration from it. 

12 hours ago, A.standeven said:

Hey

I was just curious which of these would be a better option in a 32 gallon tank with 2 clownfish, bicolour blenny, and a decorated firefish? Or any suggestion for a blue fish haha 

Sounds like the tank already has plenty of fish to me....it's only 32 gallons after all.  👍