Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stocking for 20g nano

First, let me say I am not set on any of this 🙂 I already have one black ocilaris clownfish, so the other one shown here would be a second, I plan on getting a larger tank in a year or so ( by larger I mean replacing my largest freshwater with mabye a 90g or 125g ) but of course I would like to stock for this tank, not that one, here is what I was thinking:

Untitled drawing.jpg

I still say to consider an antenna goby, they stay very small and pair great with pistol shrimp. 

You should add the gramma last, since it's aggressive. 

You'll probably want to separate the star polyps and the xenia onto their own rocks, so they can't spread onto your literally everything else quite as easily. Both are prone to running rampant. For the zoanthids, just bear in mind that many pictures of them have been touched up a bit to enhance the colors, and they don't always look quite as intense in person. It depends a lot on the lights, too. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them look really nice, but online photos aren't always the best way to manage expectations on those. Pictures in more white light tend to more reflect what you'll see.

20 minutes ago, Tired said:

I still say to consider an antenna goby, they stay very small and pair great with pistol shrimp. 

You should add the gramma last, since it's aggressive. 

You'll probably want to separate the star polyps and the xenia onto their own rocks, so they can't spread onto your literally everything else quite as easily. Both are prone to running rampant. For the zoanthids, just bear in mind that many pictures of them have been touched up a bit to enhance the colors, and they don't always look quite as intense in person. It depends a lot on the lights, too. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them look really nice, but online photos aren't always the best way to manage expectations on those. Pictures in more white light tend to more reflect what you'll see.

I have three rock “islands all spectated in the rock work, one for each coral 🙂 this year I am mostly trying to get some nice colony’s, So when I transfer them all to a larger tank in a year or so I will have some nice already grown in coral 🙂

and I will definitely consider an antenna goby 

oh and yeah, I know many pictures are way out there, honestly I could t find a picture of the type I am looking for, that green one is just way to bright, I would ideally get one with the more brown orange tones 🙂