Pod Your Reef

Bubble Magus c3 Parts, Instructions?

DSA65PRO

I bought a used Bubble Magus c3. This is the one with the straight sides, not the Cone shape. I can’t get it to settle down. It’s got a pipe on the side that’s the adjustment. On the internet it says the depth is 8 to 10”. It’s at six which is too shallow for my Refuge, and still overflows. Also it didn’t come with a Silencer, I made one out of an old pill bottle. Does anyone have one of these? A parts list and instructions will be very helpful. I looked on the Internet, but all I could find was stuff for the c3.5, which I do not have. Also it spills a lot of bubbles out of the base. I’m thinking Part(s) are missing.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, DSA65PRO said:

It’s at six which is too shallow for my Refuge, and still overflows.

Something may be wrong with the air intake....air should be displacing a lot of the water at the intake and escaping out the top (as foam).  Without that air displacement happening, the pump pumps A LOT more water.  What do the bubbles look like when it runs?

Does it run any better without the pill bottle?

Have you already disassembled it COMPLETELY (pump too) and descaled EVERYTHING?

The only other thing I can think of is that you're using that Soft Soap™ incorrectly.  😉

I don’t use that Soap on it. I soaked the Ventura and pump overnight in Citric Acid. Ran Various Size brushes through everything. It’s worse without the Homemade Silencer 

How does performance change if you lightly blow into the tube?  Can you blow enough air into the line to get anything like "normal performance" out of the skimmer?   Or does that make no change at all?

Still sounds to me like no air is being drawn in.  Maybe post a short movie of it in operation?

(Just kidding about the soap!) 😉