ReefCleaners.org

Newbie Nano 10

Fishmanmilex

Fishmanmilex
Hello! I am new to saltwater, and i am (hopefully) setting up a saltwater 10 soon, ( the 30 gallon Is in sort of in limbo atm.) And am wondering what fish would work? I have come up with the following: firefish x1, green banded goby x2-3, possum wrasse x1, and clown goby x1-3. all help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Gobies aren’t really schooling fish... I would er on the side of caution and only go with 1 or a mated pair, but not three especially with a 10 gal. I had a 10gal, I loved it but it did end up proving to be a little small so I upgraded. Because they are all small fish, I think it would be fine to put them in all in, although I would recommend only doing one goby of each because it’s a small tank. Either that or choose one kind to have a mated pair, and one to be single. (poor guy😂) Your gonna need lots of rock work so territory disputes aren’t an issue. Then just keep up on water changes. 😊

52 minutes ago, Fishmanmilex said:
Hello! I am new to saltwater, and i am (hopefully) setting up a saltwater 10 soon, ( the 30 gallon Is in sort of in limbo atm.) And am wondering what fish would work? I have come up with the following: firefish x1, green banded goby x2-3, possum wrasse x1, and clown goby x1-3. all help is appreciated!

Thanks!

That's a stack fish for a 10g. 1 clown goby or they will squabble. I'm fact one of each above would be over stocked I think.. 

Fishmanmilex

Alright... so do I do none of the above or all of the above? (Assuming the low number)

edit: oh one more thing, A 20 could also be considered, if need be, idk if I can or not.

32 minutes ago, Fishmanmilex said:

Alright... so do I do none of the above or all of the above? (Assuming the low number)

edit: oh one more thing, A 20 could also be considered, if need be, idk if I can or not.

I think it's fine as above with one of each. I would water change a good amount and keep an eye on parameters often.

Sorry Edit: one goby as well. I wouldn't chance the green and yellow. It might be ok but they could fight for space

I think 1 firefish and 2 small gobies will be fine.

They are small fish.

People have kept 2 clowns and a goby in a 10g.

I'd be more concerned about compatability.

1 firefish, 1 clown goby, and then check to see compatability between the CG and the green banded.

Or a mated pair of gobies and firefish.

You could also do the firefish, possum wrasse, and 1 small goby.