inTank Media Baskets

Fluval spec 2.6 experience?

Saltnfresh94

Saltnfresh94

G'day just wondering if the fluval spec 2.6 would be an ideal choice for a Pico tank at all ? Would there be any mods to be done ? It Would only be a low light coral tank with maybe a goby and cuc. Thankyou.

• Like 2

I'm planning on using a Spec 3 for a low light coral pico as well. So far everyone has recommended new pump for better flow and I've been told to remove the back media and either only use live rock rubble or chemipure/carbon with filter floss. I also upgraded the light to an Asta 20 LED, but some people have told me the stock light is fine for low light corals. 

Definitely an upgraded pump if you can find one to fit, if not a powerhead for certain in the the display.

Lighting will need replacing for corals. The stock lighting is definitely not enough for corals. Low light is different than lighting spectrum and the fluval edge lights are designed for fish only, possibly might get away with very low light FW plants.

• Like 1