Top Shelf Aquatics

My new tank pics

zawer

Hi guys here some new pics of my tank and it's inhabitants.

The tank is 15 days old so far and no livestock has been added yet, all thats is in there came as hitchikers on the live rock.

Tank specs are as follows:

24x12x15 high tank

1 thermopump

1 minjet 606 ph

1 prism skimmer (removed after 12 days)

3'' mixed substrate (agragonite sand and fine silica sand)

approx 20lbs of live rock (6-8lbs added after 12 days)

2x 24watt t5 lights (1 6500k, and one blue tube)

ammonia 0 ( : suspect reading as i've never had a significant level of ammonia from my test kit, gonna get a second test kit soon to retest)

nitrite 0

nitrate 3-5ppm

ph 8.2

temp 79-80f

calcium 400-440ppm

alk (off the top of my head) approx 12.5dkh

phosphate 0

sg 1.022 (is this too low?)

full tank pic

Image11.jpg

this is my sargassum (correct spelling??) covered rock, originally totally overrun by the stuff, but i've cut most of it back.

This is where most of the pods and stomatella's(?) love hanging around.

Image20.jpg

Looking good, some nice hitchhikers too.

Regarding the s.g - I think it will be ok as long as it's kept stable - I've ran my tanks at around that before. But I now keep mine at 1.025 which is more or less NSW levels AFAIK.

You have got some very nice rock there. Lots of purple coralline algae growing.

The T5's sure do look bright dont they?

I am using T5's on my own tank which is going quite well. Some of my corals dislike the higher light intensity, but are getting used to it.

Nice setup you got there.

That is some brilliant aquascaping! Love the LR, great stuff!! The green/yellow tuby thing is either a sponge or a group of sea squirts (the previous is more likely) -but either way they are quite nice! I really like the 4 peices that you have milliputted together to form the cave... Excelent quality rock (some of the best that I have seen -I really like coralline, sponges, and polyps on my rock).

Very nice! I got lots of those clam/barnacle things. I believe they are the latter. Still alive and sticking out their "hands" after five weeks.

I also never had any ammonia show up in my tank. My rock is very similar to yours. Is yours Florida aquascaped rock?

Thanks guys for your comments :P

Hi sahin! it's me hong thanks for the comments and yeah the lights are really bright..

yrureefing, the 24watt t5's are around 23'' long and they fit just right under my 24'' hood. I got them from a shop here in the UK called STM cost me £99 complete. Very good so far and real bright.

Cmoreash, i don't know what that thing is so it probably is a black limpet, is that bad? ???

printerdown, yeah i really like them too, i think they are sea squirts of some sort as the have these long tubes that stretch outwards but nothing seems to come out of them.

The rock i bought from two sources, all the pieces were bought from the japanese koi company in the uk with the exception of the two heavily encrusted pieces (the one with the shroom and the one with the yellow sea squirt) which were bought from a shop called wetpets from romford, uk. I never paid any attention as to what type of rock i was getting, i think it's all fuji?? All pieces were hand picked and i'm quite pleased with the growth i'm getting. :D

Hong

• 5 months later...

for some reason I can't see any of your pics! : Please post a fullview (if you have one) so that I can see what your tank looks like and what the T5s do for your tank!

Thanx

Archived