Innovative Marine Aquariums

ISO aiptasia eating nudibranchs

Porkchops reef

Porkchops reef
8 hours ago, Tired said:

SaltyUnderground.com sells good ones, though they ain't cheap. 

i just got some from them today. they are in the tank and i watched one start eating a aiptasia already i just hope they will make it in my tank and eat all they can

I don’t know if lettuce slugs eat it but there is this absolutely AMAZING online vendor called KPaquatics.com they sell lettuce slugs for only 7.50$ And it ALWAYS comes alive. They are the only ppl I order anything from... even if you already have what you need I would suggest checking them out!  

• Like 1

Lettuce slugs eat algae.

KP is a good vendor, but doesn't sell berghia nudibranchs, which are the only readily available aiptasia-eating nudibranch species in the hobby. 

Porkchops reef
9 hours ago, Hazy said:

I don’t know if lettuce slugs eat it but there is this absolutely AMAZING online vendor called KPaquatics.com they sell lettuce slugs for only 7.50$ And it ALWAYS comes alive. They are the only ppl I order anything from... even if you already have what you need I would suggest checking them out! 

i dont think they do but i will look into them i have wanted some they eat green hair algae 

Porkchops reef
1 hour ago, Grimes said:

Get a peppermint shrimp 👍🏼

They will like my hammer garden little to much. 

• Like 1

Peppermints are VERY hit-or-miss. If you already have berghias, don't get a peppermint. Berghias are much more effective, anyway, in addition to being safer. Just give them some time to breed and get to work.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Tired said:

Peppermints are VERY hit-or-miss. If you already have berghias, don't get a peppermint. Berghias are much more effective, anyway, in addition to being safer. Just give them some time to breed and get to work.

Probably because it's something sold as a peppermint but isn't.. get the real deal and it'll be grand 👍🏼

Well, yes, that's one of the problems. But even true peppermints are a threat to corals. They eat aiptasia, after all, and shrimp are opportunists. Coral are pretty close to aiptasia.

Berghia nudibranchs only eat aiptasia because many nudibranchs are extremely specialized. Berghias eat aiptasia and nothing but aiptasia. Peppermints eat many things, including aiptasia. 

• Like 1

^ The peppermint shrimp I bought recently to help with my aiptasia problem was more of a snail connoisseur...it didn't eat a single aiptasia.  😞 

The peppermint shrimp I have never bothers my corals. Whenever I put a new coral in he gets exited and cleans them like crazy and sometimes clips a polyp of by accident. He never eats it though and after the routine cleaning he just leaves it alone. 

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions