Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anemone Alternatives

NanoReefTexas

NanoReefTexas

Hey Reefers,

I know almost all anemones get way too big for a 10 gallon like mine, so what's a good anemone-looking coral that might be just enough of a mimick (and pretty too!) that my 1" maroon clown might take a liking to it? I was thinking about a green torch, any suggestions?

Phiche Master

My gold stripe maroon has taken up residence in a wellsophyllia when she could have hosted in a bubble, hammer, torch, or shrooms. All of which I have seen them host. She loves the wellso, she rubs on in and bounces off it and she doesnt hurt it which can happen with torches bubbles hammers and frogspawn....Bad side effect though...when clowns host on something on or near the ground they have a tendancy to fan up a sand storm as part of their routine maintenance...the surronding corals dont like that at all! Just a heads up....If I could pick Id have her host in my bubble coral...but she seems very content and I decided to let her keep the wellso and continue with her sand storms...

xenia, gsp (rarley), torch, frogspawn, algea, pretty much anything that has tentacles. as for lighting I would go with xenia, low requirements and fairly easy to keep.

Archived