ReefCleaners.org

Tmc 15 start up

IXI_KARL_IXI

IXI_KARL_IXI

This is the start of my new tank. Ive not kept a marine tank for about 6 years now. I had a tmc 15 micro habitat lying round so thought I would start back up. The plan for the tank is zoas and acans. The main bit of rock I’ve made to look a bit like oogie boogie from nightmare before Christmas, with the hopes of when it’s covered in zoos it looks like his lair. Sad I know but it is what it is lol. 

Its been started off with macro rock, caribsea fiji pink sand and ATM colony. It’s looking very cloudy at the moment once it settles down I will take another photo. 

Equipment:

25 watt heater

300 lph pump (adding another in main display)

Lumini asta 20 light 
D-D temp controller 

2 fans

Stock list:

Green Zoas 

Scrambled egg Zoas

Duncan 1 head 

2 red/orange mushrooms

DF152EB2-4855-47E3-A1BF-FBD6C1598E45.jpeg

A10576F7-1E76-4C68-B82A-444CEE61556E.jpeg

• Like 1
IXI_KARL_IXI

Tank update, it’s not running all smoothly.

I can not get the temperature below 28c at the moment, god knows why. Heater is set to 22c but it won’t cool down. So am looking into a D-D temp controller. 

The water has cleared up tho so I can see the rock again which is a plus.

27554EA9-1760-49ED-AD3D-85874F1D45A4.jpeg

17 minutes ago, IXI_KARL_IXI said:

Tank update, it’s not running all smoothly.

I can not get the temperature below 28c at the moment, god knows why. Heater is set to 22c but it won’t cool down. So am looking into a D-D temp controller. 

The water has cleared up tho so I can see the rock again which is a plus.

27554EA9-1760-49ED-AD3D-85874F1D45A4.jpeg

Awsome! If your heater thermometer is broken I would recommend something g like this: it would my gives the heater power when the tank gets below the temp you want it at

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IXI_KARL_IXI

Just a little update on the tank, managed to get the temp all sorted and settled. I get a 2 fan set up for the tank and a D-D temp controller. Fans haven’t kicked in since the controller was added so am guess the problem was with heater but at least I have them just in case. Also added some corals, green Zoas, scrambled egg Zoas, 2 orange/red mushrooms, a Duncan (which is sulking at the moment) it’s all stable now. Also added two Nass snails that have disappeared into the sand bed. 

EE899EF4-A92A-4105-9F9E-725FF4DA871E.jpeg

74C41BEC-6729-454A-9F5C-AA2B838AF6A7.jpeg

B004933C-E918-4775-B629-EC96A606CB7E.jpeg

1B7D0D59-27AB-4F0A-ABEA-1BD496281B1E.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
IXI_KARL_IXI

So no pictures to update as The tank has went dirty. It was started with ATM colony as I was advised by a local LFS, I wasn’t told tho you need fish to make colony work and the readings all turned south. Something todo with needing a ammonia to feed colony. I’ve never started a tank with chemicals before so just took what I was told. 25 Ltrs of salt water later, another bottle of colony with fish, ATM outbreak and agent green later it’s stable but blooming. Got a AI prime HD on order as well, the lack of moon lights and ramp up/down is pain. The frags and snails are fine apart from the scrambled egg zoas 

• Like 1