Pod Your Reef

Clown goby help!!

Hazy

Guys... I need help! Yellow clown goby/ citron clown gobies are my absolute favorite fish, but I have ordered one 4 different times from 4 different places and they come dead EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

is there anyone out there that has one that is a happy healthy little guy that can recommend a online place?! I only buy from KPaquatics because they are the only place that has EVER sent me something alive and HELTHY but they don’t sell yellow or citron 😫

They seem to be really prone to coming in with internal parasites and/or not eating. Do you have a place near you that you can buy one from in person? One where you can have an employee (on the phone) check that it seems healthy. Ask if your local LFS can do a curbside thing, where you pay over the phone via credit card, they set the little guy's bag on the sidewalk when you get there, and you pick him up safely.

Finding one locally that you can observe eating is probably the best bet.

I recently purchased one from Live Aquaria; they have an arrive alive 14-day guarantee, so if it arrives dead or dies in the first two weeks, at least you'll be reimbursed.

It shipped from their California facility, but I would wager a WYSIWYG specimen from their Diver's Den facility might be a better choice.

Came in active and looking healthy enough, though a bit on the skinny side. Took 9 days to get it eating, but apparently that's not uncommon for clown gobies. I've upped my feeding frequency in hope of fattening it up.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m totally not worried about Covid or any other stupid sickness (since when do we quarantine the whole world for a flu?!) anyway I live in Washington and they never Cary them in a LFS as far as I’m aware 

they recently got one in stock but it died before anyone could purchase it... because I was gonna buy him. Poor lil guys are probably better left in the ocean where they belong 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-covid-19-isnt-the-flu

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/covid19-concerns-about-lasting-heart-damage/

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-19-vs-flu-influenza-five-months-deaths-infections-united-states/287-8863e746-54fc-4661-a6a0-7eca4b685b62

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251899/coronavirus-long-term-effects-symptoms

Over 600,000 people are dead. Millions more are sick, and will potentially have health problems for the rest of their lives. We are nowhere near the end of the pandemic, at least not in the US. This is not a flu. Every reputable source agrees that it's worse, for a variety of reasons. There's a reason these quarantines are being done, and you should be totally worried about this. 

my family had it and it wasn’t very bad at all. Just a feaver for a few days and you feel crummy. That’s all 🤗 I would rather live my life Confident that God knows what’s best and not live in fear of other people. If we live in fear of others then we will never be able to live life to its fullest and enjoy what we have. 

Mostly I’m just here to find a good place to buy a clown goby🙂

You know that means you got lucky, right? Or had something other than covid. Not everyone has to get horribly sick for it to be a problem. Most people take weeks, or more, to properly recover. Many will never recover at all. People, including children, are dying. This is a serious situation, and you can't just wander through it expecting it to be set up properly for you. God helps those who help themselves, after all.

And the point of being careful isn't just to protect yourself. It's to protect others who you might infect. We don't know yet if you can get covid twice, and we don't know how long after being sick someone can be contagious. 

But I"m not going to argue about this, it's not worth the time. You can do the research for yourself- any search along the lines of "is covid-19 worse than the flu" will pull up plenty of results. I'm inclined to listen to the CDC and the WHO about this sort of thing, it's their job. 

Try Liveaquaria. 

coralline-adam

I ordered one a while ago and it arrived dead too. LFS is defintiely the way to go. And wait a few days after they get it in to be sure it is doing OK first

coralline-adam

And my family had it as well. Kids were better after a few days. My wife was sick for weeks. And I was sick for like 2 months! it was very bad -- trouble breathing still sometimes and that was months ago.

Stay safe everyone!! 😷 👍

• Like 1
On 7/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, Hazy said:

Guys... I need help! Yellow clown goby/ citron clown gobies are my absolute favorite fish, but I have ordered one 4 different times from 4 different places and they come dead EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

is there anyone out there that has one that is a happy healthy little guy that can recommend a online place?! I only buy from KPaquatics because they are the only place that has EVER sent me something alive and HELTHY but they don’t sell yellow or citron 😫

I have had great success with liveaquaria.com 

They are my absolute favorite as well! In the past I must of gone through over 5 clown gobies. They can even many times look like they are thriving in the LFS, then when taken home to a well established tank, they develop white bumps (not itch) and parish. They do take a few days to eat however if they do make it. Usually by the second day you can tell if they will survive in your tank. Snatching up food and moving around the tank. Otherwise you will notice the opposite if they are not to make it. Green clown gobies are the worst. They live hiding. You will rarely see them and even more rarely purchase one that likes to be out and about. My opinion is also to wait until your LFS has some clown gobies and purchase one from them. At least its cheaper. Overnight shipping is expensive just for a fish not to survive your tank. Many LFS will order fish you request as well. Save you money on shipping. Good luck.