Innovative Marine Aquariums

good or bad idea

hooked

Hello all,

I am going to start a 2.5g tank. I am going to put a compact 10w bulb on it. I want to keep shrooms mostly in it and maybe a percula clown. I am going to take about 5 pounds of live rock out of my 90g, I think that will be a good amount. On to the good or bad idea. I took down my 38g reef on sunday. The tank isn't completely empty it still has about 2 inches of water in it and sand. Can I use the sand to help kick start the system or will I actually be causing more problems? The sand bed was in the 38g for about 9 months and just before I took it down I could see all kinds of little worms and pods. The tank has been sitting for 3 days and not sure if it is safe to use the sand.

Any information would be great

Thanks,

id use the sand for sure it will be fine imo. i have a 2.5 and like it, but instead of water changes every week im doing smaller ones every other day. as for the clown im not sure thats a good idea. just something to think about.

Let me be the first to say that 2.5g is just too small for a clown. It will probably live, but who wants a depressed fishy in their home?

As for the sand, I would say that's a great idea, as long as you didn't have any major disease problems in that tank.

A much-better suited inhabitant, and much less likely pollute the tank uncontrollably. Cleaners can actually get decently large, but start with a small one, and it won't be a problem for a while.

Archived