Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Pro G2 Vs AI Prime HD 16

f1PaceCar

Hello Everyone,

This is something I can't decide. I had planned a nano tank and I was about to get all done on a 17G tank. Consequently I had all equipment ready for a DIY and I had the AI Prime HD 16.

Now, I just got a Innovative Marine 40 which included a EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Pro G2 on a really good deal.

Which one would you consider to use on this tank? EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Pro G2 or 1 AI Prime HD 16?

Thanks

Depends on the tank....it would be nice if you included the dimensions with a question like this.

If the display has a rectangular footprint, then sell the echotech and get a second HD16 – one for each side.

If it has a square footprint, then the Radeon might be fine on coverage, but it is still massive overkill.  I'd still have to consider selling it, even if it was replaced with an XR15.

So if the IM "Fusion 40 Pro" is the tank you have, then (from googling) it appears that the display area is about 24x16".  If that's your tank, then I'd go with the two-light setup.

12 hours ago, mcarroll said:

Depends on the tank....it would be nice if you included the dimensions with a question like this.

If the display has a rectangular footprint, then sell the echotech and get a second HD16 – one for each side.

If it has a square footprint, then the Radeon might be fine on coverage, but it is still massive overkill.  I'd still have to consider selling it, even if it was replaced with an XR15.

So if the IM "Fusion 40 Pro" is the tank you have, then (from googling) it appears that the display area is about 24x16".  If that's your tank, then I'd go with the two-light setup.

Thanks @mcarroll

Yes. I have the IM Fusion 40 Pro. That is what I have in mind so far. 

• Like 1