Cultivated Reef

SLW-10

Edwardfish

Has anyone used this pump I just ordered it after seeing only a few good videos online a bit of an impulse buy but I think should be good! What settings has anyone used mine is going in a 20 long. Any other suggestions about the pump?

cheesesteak

I have one on a 4G pico, about a 10"x10" cube. I use the lowest setting I could find, Wave 2 Speed 1. Its high flow but perfect I think for my pico. Play around with the settings and find one you like! It should definitely be good enough for a 20L. Definitely use the feed mode (hold feed/speed for a few seconds) instead of unplugging every time you want to do something in the tank. The pause for feed mode lasts about 10 minutes.  

• Like 2

Depends on the desired flow, if you want allot of water movement it's a solid-choice (as was already mentioned).
The stream from it is very broad, although I don't know if I would expect strong-flow to make it all the way across your tank without maxing it out.
I found turning it up too high made a decent area in-front of the pump more-or-less unusable for coral-placement in my own 20L.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Depends on the desired flow, if you want allot of water movement it's a solid-choice (as was already mentioned).
The stream from it is very broad, although I don't know if I would expect strong-flow to make it all the way across your tank without maxing it out.
I found turning it up too high made a decent area in-front of the pump more-or-less unusable for coral-placement in my own 20L.

Do you think mounting on one end would give the other end enough flow for some zoas and candy cane. I was thinking putting it on the end with my Duncan’s and the middle has some leathers, Stylo and birds nest end has zoas, another leather and a candy cane.