inTank Media Baskets

(Video) CaribSea LifeRock REVIEW - A comparison with Marco rock

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

Hello,

A month ago I bought the CaribSea Life Rock, the reason was because I started a nano reef with black sand and wanted something that doesn't look full white with that sand (which I remove later on).

I needed something that look natural right away and I feel they did a good on how they painted the rock. So this is a review video to show you what they look like in comparison with some other Aragonite Marco rock.

They also added some dormant bacteria that help for the cycling (and it work!)

Something I didn't mention in the video, I notice in comparison with the Marco rock I put in the water, it had way more micro bubble going out in comparison with the CaribSea Life Rock with the base shape (original). I don't know if it's because of the paint or simply the source of the material.

I sent an email to them long time ago to know more about the paint they use but I never receive reply, if I do I will share the information the reef community.

Here the video with some visual if that interest you:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Caribsea liferock is epoxied purple with bacteria spores injected into it. It makes it safe to use innan established tank and the paint is safe.

Marco rock is just dry reef rock, no bacteria.

Aqua Splendor
2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Its just an aquarium safe paint. No different than paints on aquarium ornaments.

https://caribsea.com/aquarium/

All the info is provided on their website

Yeah I did me search before making this video but they don't mention Epoxy but Aragonite coating, what ever that mean.

18 minutes ago, Aqua Splendor said:

Yeah I did me search before making this video but they don't mention Epoxy but Aragonite coating, what ever that mean.

Its just an aquarium safe paint

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...