ReefCleaners.org

Ideas for my Fluval 13.5

Friendofish

Friendofish

8AFDA18C-0407-4AD8-AB76-931449F1A0DA.thumb.jpeg.5218b87a916342893f9ba66f652c1a77.jpegHey guys! Since I’ve been stuck at home, I’ve been doing a lot of mods/redecorating/upgrading on my Fluval Evo 13.5. My next project is going to be figuring out what to do with the second chamber in the filter section (I currently have the inTank media basket in the first chamber and nothing in the second chamber).

SO, I was wondering if y’all had any ideas/recommendations for what to do with that chamber? I was considering a refugium but I have never had one before and when I was doing research it sounded like such a small one wouldn’t do much? 

Also, I’m looking for some suggestions on corals. I just put like 3 new ones in, so I don’t think I’ll be getting them for some time, but I’d like to eventually put something tall-ish with movement (like a Kenya tree or Xenia but less weed-like) behind my psammacora (see my attached pic). If anyone has suggestions for that please lmk! 

Sorry that was so long. I’d like this thread to serve as kinda a journal/build thread (as long as that’s allowed) even though my tank has been set up for a solid 10 months now. Anyways, thanks in advance for the help/advice!