Coral Vue Hydros

Budget 15Gallon Build

aaronsquires1

aaronsquires1

Hello! 

I will start this with I am a previous marine aquarist? I owned a 5gallon pico and then moved to a 300gallon reef but had to sell up as I sailed off to university. I'm starting my masters degree in September and I am planning to have a 13 gallon budget build to work on throughout the year. Until September I will be planning out the setup and everything that will need to go in it. Unlike my first tanks I will be taking this slow and steady and see what i can achieve this time around. I have a few questions and potentially someone could give me some pointers to great budget equipment.

So my budget is around £150-200 for equipment, i have some pieces of live rock, sand and marine pure balls being donated.

Current equipment plan: (Please! do feel free to throw some alternative options at me!)

Tank - £55 : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/63L-DIVERSA-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-BEST-QUALITY-GLASS/293628185798 

Filter - £12 : https://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium/filters/hang-on/600lh-600ho/ - this is going to be modified to be half refugium and half mechanical filtration and heater housing.

Heater - £20 : unsure yet I think a small 50w heater should suffice? any suggestions

Powerhead - £? : Debating on if i need one with the filter being 600lph but any suggestions?

Lighting - £80 : So I am trying to find a cheap Kessil A80 Tuna Blue (anyone selling cheap?) but other budget suggestions please!

Looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks 

Aaron

Budget lighting suggestions

Chinese Black Box LED 165W usually runs about £80 on Amazon, during certain sales

Alternatively a couple of PAR38 Bulbs run about £25 each, but you'll need an E27 socket or pendant to screw into