Innovative Marine Aquariums

WTB Icecap K1 Nano Skimmer

VaporCountry

MainelyReefer

I just bought one on a local forum for $30.  It works but these things aren’t built super bullet proof. Some of the acrylic bolts are questionable to move and the one that controls the gate valve on mine is slightly wobbly.  The pump will likely need to be replaced which is easily 40$+.  I should have just bought one for $95 new.  Buying new would be my recommendation 

VaporCountry
8 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

I just bought one on a local forum for $30.  It works but these things aren’t built super bullet proof. Some of the acrylic bolts are questionable to move and the one that controls the gate valve on mine is slightly wobbly.  The pump will likely need to be replaced which is easily 40$+.  I should have just bought one for $95 new.  Buying new would be my recommendation 

Thanks, I bought one used and have been using it for about 7 months. It does seem to be cheaply made but skims really well. I wanted to get an extra pump to have on hand and figured it would be worth it to have a whole unit for a backup. Maybe I just got lucky with mine because it wasn't used long. I'll see what I kind of deal I can find and if not I will likely buy a new one. 

• Recommended Discussions