Top Shelf Aquatics

What is the stinkiest fish food? Curious what everyone thinks!

olive

As I was making a reef frenzy and selcon concoction tonight, my cats came running from across the room. It smelled that fishy. In your experience, what are the worst smelling fish food or aquarium products in general? For example, I can't stand selcon and seachem prime. 

• Haha 1

I haven't used Selcon yet. But I just tried Masstick for the first time and my cats went crazy!  It was smelly enough to bring them running from all corners of the house. 

• Haha 1
UpsideDownPumpkin

Not fishy but ocean nutrition seaweed sheets are probably the strongest smelling food I feed. Right now, I can smell the garlic from here through the sealed bag, closed container and locked drawer. I like garlic but jeez... Only thing that makes them eat their greens though, so I tolerate it.

Seachem prime smells worse in SW, I swear. I dosed some last night because I had to switch my day off and postpone my WC day and I can still smell it.

Dead snail. Enough said.

Live bloodworms are probably my personal least favourite smell though. I only ever bought them once, for my FW tank. Never again. Frozen isn’t that much better once it’s defrosted/room temp.

• Like 2

Reef roids

I never noticed my Selcon having a smell...I keep it in the fridge...maybe I should try and smell it next time.

Any frozen food you forget out for a day or two will make you gag....I did that once...oh my God.

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix

Seachem Prime does indeed have a very pungent odor. It honestly feels like the insides of my nostrils are burning when I remove the cap, so I only use it when absolutely necessary. 

And I agree about the dead snail stench on an earlier post. Although...a dead starfish smell is by far one of the worst smells I've ever had the misfortune to come across. The clean up from the tank is murder, too. :unsure:

• Like 1