Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish nano-reef 10

fish_rule

I have Nano-reef 10g setup. I am trying to decide what fish to stalk it with. I was thinking of a Tank Raised Percula Clownfish and mabey a Firefish Goby. Will this work? Also any other suggestions of fish that would fit into a 10g would be great. Thx

I'd suggest SEARCHING.

My god, we've covered this topic a million times in this forum alone, which is pretty damn small and easy to search manually, just looking at topic headers.

Help me, I'm beginning to sound like Dave...

Something that I do not believe that has been mentioned in any of those posts: my clown HATED the yellow gum drop goby that I picked up. He would attack him every time he entered the water column (eventually the gum drop stopped eating due to the harassment). I would assume that he would do the same to a yellow or green clown goby. So be careful if you decide to put these two together. If you do try to go for it, add them at the same time (thus the clown will not have time to establish a territory). My teeny tiny clown is aggressive, and has claimed my entire 12 gallon for himself.

I guess everyone hasn't been around as long as you guys so this is a new question to some of us. If you don't like answering the questions of us newbies then dont select this section

I'm a newbie too, but I think what MKramer meant was that anyone wondering about this should try using the forum's search function. There's a search button at the top, right above the advertisement. Using this will save everyone (especially the person asking the question) a lot of time. :)

I don't know about you, but when I want to know something, I want to know now. :rolleyes: The search function makes that possible! :)

BustytheSnowMaam
Originally posted by fish_rule

I have Nano-reef 10g setup.  I am trying to decide what fish to stalk it with.

Hmm...Dave, what are good stalking fish? :D Do eels stalk?

Sorry....couldn't resist.

A false-perc clown and a royal gramma would work well together, or a pair of juvenile clowns (tank-raised). One will become female, one male and it's fun to watch them interact with each other.

Good luck-

Tasha

I am new here

and I am new to reefing

but what good is a message board if not to start a discussion?

I know that everything is out there somewhere within the board

but are we allowed to only talk about something once?

If that is the case, we should have a huge checklist of things that have been talked about and things that are awaiting a mention

it's just my two cents, but answers like that are not good for a healthy community

actually i think answers like that are like too much algae in your tank

a bad thing

You're going to get it A LOT. I suggest that you send a boilerplate response to the cynical a$$holes: "Hew dikhed_o2, STFU. Either help me or leave me the F@&k alone."

We're all loving, good samaritans here, just some of us are too full of ourselves to remember that. There are no inappropriate threads, only inappropriate replies - a feel-good, recycled maxim.

And guess what? The more that we all learn and experience, THE MORE WE WANT TO TURN INTO THE EVIL A$$HOLE TO THE NOOBS!:D

Let your tank cycle. Learn/research/figure out what fish will work for you. Give it a month or six. You'll be TWITCHING to flame someone - I bet you'll be scouting the new posts for something in the beginners forum that screams for your sweet vengance.

"Hostility, pass it on."

---

Welcome to nano. It's really good to have you here. Hope you'll love it as much as the rest of us do.

BustytheSnowMaam

I totally apologize- I know I came across as sarcastic but didn't mean to, I was mostly being silly. I agree that this is a beginner's discussion and we should all feel free to post our questions. Each question is unique. Again, I apologize for the nastiness or tone of my remarks, and I hope fish_rule sees this and isn't afraid to ask more questions.

Tasha

Actually Tasha my remark wasn't directed at you

I am very new here and I am getting acustomed to the ins and outs of reefing, I hope to be using this great website to extrapalate as much information as I can.

So far I have had alot of help from the few posts I have made.

I am seraching like there is no tomorrow, but being new I am not always 100% sure of the corrct terminology to be using.

I have been attempting to search for information on pH but if I type in ph i get the following error:

vBulletin Message

The search term you specified (ph) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

If I put an * at the end, I get every instance that someone typed a ph.

I will probably end up alienating myself b ycomments like this, but what else is the beginners forum for if not to ask silly questions.

my 2 cents

BustytheSnowMaam

Don't be afraid to ask any question you want. Like someone else said (Leewink?), if everyone else did a search before posting there would be no need to post, and this forum would be 10 people talking about a hermit crab or something. If someone flames you, just blow it off. I know I find the search feature confusing too sometimes.

Tasha

Archived