Pod Your Reef

Flipper magnet worst company out there?

Pharris13

Sorry just needed a place to rant. Ordered a Flipper Nano off of Amazon last week and it arrived in the mail today. I've been excited to get this because after setting up my new evo 13.5 I've got some pretty dirt glass that's been driving me nuts. Got the packaged opened up and something didn't seem right. Upon further inspection I only received the half of the magnet that goes on the outside of the glass. Even after looking at that its scratched up, covered in salt buildup, dog hair, and reeks of old aquarium water. This is a fairly cheap product but for being such a large company and reading so many good reviews this is the worst quality control that I have ever seen. Rant over.

1 hour ago, Pharris13 said:

Sorry just needed a place to rant. Ordered a Flipper Nano off of Amazon last week and it arrived in the mail today. I've been excited to get this because after setting up my new evo 13.5 I've got some pretty dirt glass that's been driving me nuts. Got the packaged opened up and something didn't seem right. Upon further inspection I only received the half of the magnet that goes on the outside of the glass. Even after looking at that its scratched up, covered in salt buildup, dog hair, and reeks of old aquarium water. This is a fairly cheap product but for being such a large company and reading so many good reviews this is the worst quality control that I have ever seen. Rant over.

I think your problem is with amazon not inspecting their returns. Not sure if that’s who you meant. 

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

My Flipper was great quality, I just couldn’t deal with all the scratches on my glass. If tiny spec of sand or coralline gets stuck between the blade and the glass, it’s all over. And I’m about as careful as they come! 

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

Haven't had any trouble with my Flipper, but I'm pretty sure it's an Amazon thing. I had one time an Amazon courier literally leave my brand spanking new modem right outside of my apartment building. A porch pirate got it because it was literally outside and couldn't be bothered to buzz my apartment or actually use the Amazon lockers. Go figure.

So perhaps Amazon snuck you in a really shitty returned item that had zero business of being usable. That would be the only reason. From what I know the Amazon warehouses can have some questionable people working there.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Diamonds x Pearls said:

retarded

hey man, not cool. that slur creates harmful stereotypes, a quick google search will tell you that you shouldn't use it :eek: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
DISQUALIFIED-QQ
1 minute ago, olive said:

hey man, not cool. that slur creates harmful stereotypes, a quick google search will tell you that you shouldn't use it :eek: 

redacted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love my flipper mag. Only magnet cleaner that hasn't scratched my glass and it gets into the tiniest areas.

Sounds like an Amazon issue rather than flipper.

MainelyReefer
12 hours ago, Pharris13 said:

Sounds like an amazon issue not a flipper issue 

• Like 1
MainelyReefer
8 hours ago, olive said:

It’s the internet, not your safe space 

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

But we can all strive to be better and create a more inclusive community on NR. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

doesn't mean I can't educate people on the harmful effects of ableism. staying silent on any platform (including the internet) is showing support of the discrimination 🤗

• Like 6
1 minute ago, olive said:

doesn't mean I can't educate people on the harmful effects of ableism. staying silent on any platform (including the internet) is showing support of the discrimination 🤗

True. Its one of those words when used incorrectly can cause trouble/offense

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 6/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, Pharris13 said:

Supposedly brand new straight from Flipper’s Amazon page 

Stuff sold on Amazon if prime is mostly in one of Amazon's warehouses. This is an issue with Amazon for sure... but I have found that they replace stuff so definitely contact them.

I have bought products on Amazon and received stuff with missing parts and so on.... My guess is someone orders it to replace their broken part then returns the rest of the broken one hoping Amazon won't notice. It's basically stealing.

• Like 2
squamptonbc

This happens on Amazon from time to time on items shipped sold by Amazon and items fulfilled by Amazon. Basically when Amazon gets a return an overworked employee gets to quickly look and decide if something is new, like new, used etc, and well sometimes things get mixed up and a used item is marked new and ends up sold again. 

It's the downside to Amazon, people abuse their return police, I received a box filled with old glass bottles once instead of the new drinking glasses that should be in the box, I assume someone bought it, took the new glasses out, put in similiar weight empty glass bottles, and sent it back for a refund.

• Like 1