Pod Your Reef

Catching Vevlet Damsel with a tank full of rock

Noonan

I need to catch this damsel. Hes cool, but he has to get out of this tank. Hes about 3.5", and very timid/smart. When the net goes in the tank he knows its time to hide. I dont want to have to take all of my rock out.

leave the net in the tank for a half hour...feed flake or floating pellet food wait till he's up at the top eating and swoop in on him!! it took me a couple days to catch my blue damsel doing this but i didn't want to move any of my corals so this is what i had to do. good luck man...

also you can try turning the lights off in the tank and other rooms in the house (including the light in the fish room) and maybe leaving one light somewhere else on in the house so you can see. Then pop the net in and catch that bas#$%^. Fish tend to become very docile when the lights are off.

I had a similar problem in my girlfriends, oops I mean Xgirlfriends 180g. What we did was just place the food in the net and set it in the water and let the fish get use to eating from the net and around the net.

Scoop, One Fish.

Cord

I couldnt catch him with the net method. I took all of my rock out and found only 1 Jawfish. Then I realized the other Jawfish was in the bucket with the rock, with probably an inch of water. I cought the damsel and hes in my sump for a few days or until the jawfish make their holes and are comfortable with their new home. I then put my rock back in and I love it. I have a ton of caves and such, it looks great. I added the jawfish and they went right into the rocks. Im worried because they havent ate (that I know of) since Thursday. Hopefully they'll be swimming around tomorrow but I seriously doubt it.

like dickie52 said. THIS CAN'T BE DONE unless you take out the rocks and empty most the water. I tried a net about a 3/4 foot square and I tried for days still unable to catch them. They are too smart. Since they are so smart, they deserve to stay in. :)

make a trap, depending on the size of your tank, take a 2 liter bottle, cut the top portion off, then cut off the spout so its a little bigger, invert the top, put it in your tank and put some food in the 2 liter. wait for a while and then hopefully the fish went in the 2 liter to eat but couldnt get out....

Originally posted by Hartdude

:angry: To remove my Domino, I had remove all of my rocks as well.  Thank God those little jackasses are GONE!!!:rant:

DOMINO = Satan reincarnated!

Archived