inTank Media Baskets

Algae growth on corals

Zmill

I have some stuff growing on my corals that I’m pretty sure makes them unhappy. Not sure what it is or how I get rid of it. I have attached a picture of my zoas. My assumption is that since I have some copepods that like to crawl on my corals, especially zoa, that’s this is the result of their poopy poop on it. I also have some of the hair looking stuff on my hammer which doesn’t look too happy. I’ve tried dipping my corals in coral dip, yet this seems to only temporarily fix the problem. I do not have much of this stuff anywhere else except on my corals. Anyone have some good advice? My next move was going to be to try a little freshwater dip action. 
I appreciate your time!

1BCCBE9B-095F-4774-8524-0488F121FDCC.jpeg

Looks like a green hair algae.  "Tweezing" it out with your fingers might work if you can get in there....depends on your fingers.  Actual tweezers are also an option.

As for peroxide, I'd suggest trying spot-treatments before you disturb the coral further, e.g. for dipping.   Cut off flow, syringe 1-5 mL (at first) into position, leave there for 5-15 minutes (at first) and then resume flow.  

Search here on nano reef or google for more directions and experiences on the process.  

You can go WAY UP in quantity of peroxide, quantity of time as well as using 30% concentration instead of grocery store (5%) peroxide...but start with the first recommendation and work your way up.