Cultivated Reef

My First Saltwater Tank!

Pili4444

Hey! This is my first saltwater tank so I am pretty excited. I just set it up today. Here are the specs:

-Stock JBJ nano cube

-7 lbs. LR

-10 lbs. live sand

-Rio 90

The LR sat in a box for 3 days so im not sure how much bacteria is left. I am not sure if i like the aquascaping or not but im planning to get another 10 lbs. of LR. I am open to any suggestions.

wow thats really blue for stock lighting. looks good.

the LR just looks tossed in there tho, maybe moreso because its the only thing to look at so far :P i would change it around when you add more.

and i would move the power head to the other side, maybe in between the 2 inlets for the rear, and have it blowing towards the outlet port, maybe the flows can hit each other and be random. just a thought.

thats an awesome start tho, i really like those nanocubes, just remember, GO SLOW. very slow, and the result will be better. btw go ahead and throw in some fish food or something. just a tad to give that bacteria something to eat

There are also some little red and white branched coral looking things that are on the LR but i have no idea what they are. They are to small to get a good picture of right now.

Archived