ReefCleaners.org

Ai Prime 16 HD Settings? - David Saxby - 12" Depth - 10 Gallon Tank

DyloHeath

Hey,

I recently purchased an AI prime 16 HD and have set it up using david saxbys settings, I've lowered the setting significantly with acclimation mode on for 30 days starting at 50%.

I have attached the settings. And photos of my tank.

The light is 8" above the water, with my tank having 12" of depth, and is 20" wide.

I'm worried that I might of the set the light too low for my tank and wanted to ask for opinions. Obviously, very hard without a par meter.

You may not exactly know the right answer, but I'd like to have some guidelines on what to look out for during the acclimation period. How to tell if there isnt enough light or too much.

The top half of my tank will be SPS, while the bottom will be softies and some LPS.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.a0b9a22dca0ea489af121a6a7d6ff39f.jpg

20200601_171921.jpg

20200531_170930.jpg

6 minutes ago, Frag Factory said:

I run a 12" cube with slightly modified saxby settings, 12" light height.

These are my settings:

screenshot_20200602-005214.thumb.png.ee950f5e5087c68421d3684783669dd6.png

Okay I see, your blue are a lot higher than mine. Hows the growth in the tank? And any bleaching?

Frag Factory
8 minutes ago, DyloHeath said:

Okay I see, your blue are a lot higher than mine. Hows the growth in the tank? And any bleaching?

No bleaching and growth is a bit insane (but I do have fast growing corals).

I increased blues as Saxby's tank is 4 foot deep. Increasing blue/decreasing white is a smart move on a shallower tank.

Cannedfish

Below are my settings, a combo of the David Saxby and the BRSTV settings. You should be able to turn it up slowly without problems. I run two Prime HD’s 10” above my 10 gallon ‘cube’ (12” tall tank). Furthermore, the top of some of the acros are only an inch or so below the water line and I haven’t had any bleaching. 

D2E38F78-07A5-4029-92A9-1ECCDA7647E6.thumb.jpeg.4a5957f942c4a73ea646f81342d9f2f3.jpeg

• Like 2