SaltCritters.com

Got some better picks of my new 20...check em out

quiksilver5768

quiksilver5768

My 20 gal high is running a 250 watt 10,000K Vion Z6.

Corals:

Green frogspawn

Purple/green hammer

Assorted mushrooms

Pagoda

Montipora (Several frags)

Toadstool Leather

Assorted polyps

The tank was moved intot his 20 about 2 weeks ago so Im still expanding on the corals. The tank was full in the 10 but now there is more to buy...:)

Fish:

Coral Beauty

False Perc Clown (Cant spell oscile...blah lol)

Equipment:

Prizm Skimmer

Aqua Clear 200

2 Zoomed self rotating PH's

Here is a front pic of the tank....Tell me what you think of the tank...

quiksilver5768

The coral beauty is about 3 inches long. I got him at 1.5 so hes grown. And the only thing he has nibbled at was my rock anemone. I think he just thought it was ugly...lol. But other than that, ive had no problems

tell me how do you like the color of the vion z6 bulb? i was looking at a 400w bulb from them and a friend has run the xanium . he said nice color but it shifts alot. made in china and he doesn't believe it will last. hello lights just lent him a radium an ushio and a aqua arc to see what he wants to use and he said the aqua arc is pretty close to an iwasaki in color, not as white as the ushio.

didn't mean to get off topic! nice looking tank, what sort of fixture are you using on the light? canopy or pendant?

quiksilver5768

Hey,

The vion z6 shifts quite a bit as well. Im debating whether I should upgrade to a 400 watt ballast and run a Radium or stick with the 250 ballast and change the bulb over to the Xanium. I've heard some pretty nice things about the xanium but not many people have it so I cant get a good idea of it. I want a blue color most of all but also want a tint of white. Thats why I was thinking about the xanium...hmmm not sure. Or if I hear bad things about the xanium I might go for a 250 radium.. Thanks for all the comments

my friend says the xanium has nice color, but thinks they will color shift after a short time. i prefer the AB bulb, never seen a 400w but the 175 and 250 are nice. its actually a 13k bulb so gives a nice blue hue. and you can't beat ushio's brilliant white!

Archived