SaltCritters.com

My Biocube 16

BrianW89

Just making an area to put pictures of my tank as I slowly explore into the hobby. 

Tank was setup May 4th, 2020.

15.2 pounds of carib sea live rock.

55235.jpeg

20200505_135816.jpg

56207.jpeg

• Like 1

Added orange spotted shrimp goby (Hopper) on May 14th, 2020.

Added a pair of black and white clowns (Emo and Tux) May 20th, 2020.

Currently waiting on clean up crew to arrive from reef cleaners.

56548.jpeg

56989.jpeg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, colinadam said:

Looking good, just setup the same tank, will be following along. What's your plans for corals? 

I'm still learning and doing research. My LFS has tons of zoa frags. I'm probably going to start with them, some kind of leather, ricordia, and mushrooms. Really anything I can find that is considered a beginner's coral. 

I'm going to stay away from xenia and gsp though.

I'm going to wait for a little while before adding any corals. I plan on getting a wave maker and a chilling unit before getting anything.

1 hour ago, BrianW89 said:

I'm going to wait for a little while before adding any corals. I plan on getting a wave maker and a chilling unit before getting anything.

Ya I definitely recommend letting the tank settle before adding corals. I made huge mistakes on my first tank when I listened to my LFS who told me I could add anything and everything a week after getting the tank wet 😣

I found this video from BRStv super interesting (really the whole 5 minute guide was amazing, highly recommend) and I think I'm going to try to follow this method as much as I can. Unfortunately I'm limited by the size of my tank and working fish but I'll be leaving the lights off for a few months like they suggest to let the tank establish before turning on the lights and adding corals.

• Thanks 1
Gramophone

Lookin' good! I just added my clean up crew as well. They definitely give some life to a tank. I especially enjoy watching hermits and their antics :rolleyes: 

Have you decided on any coral yet?

• Like 1

I catch myself looking at them more than the fish actually! 😂 I love the variety reef cleaners.com sent me!

I'm pretty limited with what my 1 LFS  has unfortunately on corals. Sometimes I hate ohio lol. I'm still doing my research and taking notes on what I want and could possibly keep.

I still have other purchases I would like to make as well. I want a chiller, protein skimmer, and wave maker. 

Welcome to Nano-Reef and Biocube club! Had my 14 gallon Biocube for a little over a year and defiantly enjoy the simplicity of the setup.  Will be following along to see how you set yours up. 

• Like 1