Top Shelf Aquatics

Auto feeder for nuvo 10?

justinkdenny

justinkdenny

I will be going on a mini vacation in June and will be gone 4 nights.  I was wondering if there was a good automatic feeder on amazon or one of the online sites that is reliable.  I usually feed reef nutrition mysis, flake, and pellets.  Would flake or pellets be best for auto feeder.  I also only have 1 fish, a shrimp, and clean up crew.

Thanks,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
justinkdenny
4 minutes ago, BakeTownFF said:

Hey Justin did you ever decide on a feeder?  Just saw this..

Yes I did some reviews and found one on Amazon that looked pretty good.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, justinkdenny said:

I will be going on a mini vacation in June and will be gone 4 nights.  I was wondering if there was a good automatic feeder on amazon or one of the online sites that is reliable.  I usually feed reef nutrition mysis, flake, and pellets.  Would flake or pellets be best for auto feeder.  I also only have 1 fish, a shrimp, and clean up crew.

Thanks,

Justin

I'd consider just not feeding for those four days.  Shouldn't be a big deal.

(I pick Eheim auto-feeders when possible.)

• Like 1

I use the eheim feeder as well.  If I'm only gone a couple of days I don't use it.  If I'm gone a week, I'll put it on the tank.

Have to be really careful with setting it up so it doesn't bomb your tank with unnecessary amounts of food.

• Like 1

I agree with the eheim feeders... I've used mine on my classroom tank for a couple of years and I know we use them at the store I work at too! Lots of options with them, the only thing I've noticed is that for smaller tanks, even the smallest opening needs to be modified a bit to control the amount of food entering your tank (easily fixed with some paper and tape over part of the hole).

• Like 1