ReefCleaners.org

Wave maker/power head for 55g

mbarton2010

mbarton2010

I’ve never had a reef tank this big and have no clue what powerhead to get. Not trying to break the bank but also not wanting anything that will break in 6 months. My tank is a standard 55g and will be a mixed reef

Jebao is often recommended because of its price but its hit and miss how long you get out of them.

I'd look into tunze, kps, and nero for programmable options that aren't overly pricey.

Aqamai KPS.

Very good reviews, programmable with an App (30 mins slots), great price-quality ratio.

I was looking at it myself until I found a Nero V with a good discount.

• 2 weeks later...
WilliamBowman

Jebao RW is the best bang for the price as it comes with lots of upgrades. The only negatives need to deal with are its too powerful capability that if not used responsibly has the possibility to rock your tank.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:04 PM, mbarton2010 said:

I’ve never had a reef tank this big and have no clue what powerhead to get. Not trying to break the bank but also not wanting anything that will break in 6 months. My tank is a standard 55g and will be a mixed reef

No question IMO:  Tunze 6045.  Best quality of flow out there IMO....and perfect for a long, narrow tank like yours.  Get two; one for each side.  About $75 each.

Holler when you have the pumps!