Cultivated Reef

7 gallon Nano- need more "POP"

alfredt

Greetings all, I have 7 gallon Nano- running an AI Hydra 26HD-but want to supplement it with an LED  to give it  more "POP". Have had my Kessil H150 Ocean blue as a temp set up and liked the "Pop" of fluorescent color it gave to the coral.  Saw that Orphek has a OR3 led, but a bit too long at 24 inches and pricey. my tank is 17 inches long. Guess it's okay if its longer as it will be hung by the ceiling next to my hydras. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

AI hydra 26 is an LED fixture..? It has a fully customizable spectrum no? Adjust the various channels till you find something you like 

• Like 3

You have to adjust the Ai according to how blue you like.

By adjusting uv, rb, b with the right amount of white you can get pop without it being overly blue.

• Like 1

You can go to the ai website and look at different light settings and then download into your app.   I like David Saxby light schedule and you will get the pop!   It made my flower nems look amazing!  

• 4 weeks later...

As for the lights, if you liked the Kessil, why did you switch?  Why not switch back?  Why look for options other than Kessil?

It looks like you're over-focused on lighting, so maybe the rest of this won't be of interest.  Just in case it is...

Looking for "pop" from your lights is probably looking in the wrong direction IMO.  ("pop" is such a bogus concept in the first place....but that's another topic)

I suspect "what's going on with your corals or your tank?" would be the better question, since corals are where the fluorescence is really happening.

How new is the tank?

How new are the corals in question?

How are your testing levels?  (ca, alk, mg, no3, po4)

How has overall stability of the tank been over the last several months?

What are you feeding?

What other animals are in the tank?

Do you have algae growth?   How much?  What kind?

Can you post a tank picture for reference?